LLNS COMMUNITY GIFT PROGRAM 2012
A Spirit of Giving
As the managing contractor of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL),
Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC (LLNS) is committed to being a valued
citizen and good neighbor in its local communities.
In a spirit of giving, LLNS has established the LLNS Community Gift Program 2012 to
provide up to $100,000 to community organizations. Gifts range in amounts from $1,000 to $20,000.
Eligibility criteria and application follow. The primary focus of these gifts are
programs and/or projects that support public K-14 science, math and engineering education; public K-14 special needs education
and performing arts programs.
The LLNS Community Gift Program is separate and distinct from the annual LLNL HOME
(Helping Others More Effectively) Campaign. The HOME Campaign is one of the
Tri-Valley and San Joaquin Valley's most generous annual employee-based charity drives.
The fund-raising drive occurs in October-December of each year.
Gift Program Criteria
The LLNS Community Gift Program is open to publicly funded California K-12 schools
and community colleges, IRS-qualified 501 (c)(3) entities and government agencies serving
the Tri-Valley (the Livermore, Amador and San Ramon valleys) and San Joaquin County.
Organizations must be sustainable and financially viable and will be asked to account
for spending and program results. Additional criteria include:
- IRS-qualified 501 (c)(3) entities must be registered with the State Attorney General's Registry of
- With the exception of K-14 educational institutions, which are addressed below, each applying organization is limited to one application.
- Restrictions on applications from K-14 educational institutions include:
- Applications from public schools must be submitted at the district level with a limit of three applications per district.
Applications from educational foundations and PTAs will be considered part of a district's three submissions.
- A single application may be submitted by the Alameda County, Contra Costa and San Joaquin County Office of Education (COE).
- Applications from charter schools must be submitted by the school principal,
with a limit of one application per school, including the school's foundations and PTA.
- Faith-based entities may apply, but the gift cannot be used for religious purposes.
- Organizations that received gifts in 2011 but did not file an acceptable Gift Accountability Report by the
due date are not elligible for the 2012 program.
LLNS gift funds are not open to the following:
Timeline (dates may be subject to change.)
- 501 (c)(3) organizations not registered with the
California Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts
- Home-based child care/educational services
- Private and/or parochial schools
- Individuals or individual sponsorships of any kind
- Fraternal, labor, social or athletic associations, organizations or clubs
- Political or lobbying organizations or those supporting the candidacy of particular individuals
- Student scholarships for academic, special needs or athletic programs, camps or other similar programs
- Non-U.S. organizations or organizations whose activities are mainly international or national in focus
- Health and human services organizations
- Organizations benefiting or serving animals
- General fund-raising or support for fund-raising events (e.g., walk-a-thons, dinner sponsorships, etc.)
- Building and/or infrastructure improvements
- Equipment other than scientific or special needs equipment for eligible K-14 schools
- Purchases of automobiles, trucks, vans or other modes of transportation
- Printing of flyers or other publications to generally promote an organization and its services
- General administrative, organizational, operating, and advertising costs
- Food or beverages
- Monday, June 11, 2012 — gift call
- Thursday, August 30, 2012 — gift applications due
- Monday, November 12, 2012 — gifts awarded NEW DATE!
- Thursday, December 6, 2012 — accountability reports due
The LLNS Community Gift Program's Application Review Committee will review
each application and provide its award recommendations to the LLNS manager.
- The application deadline is Thursday, August 30, 2012
- No additional collateral documents are necessary to apply for the LLNS Community Gift Program
- If you have any questions, please contact
Deadline for applications was|
Thursday, August 30, 2012
The application area is now CLOSED.